Notices tagged with facebook
mattcropp (mattcropp)'s status on Monday, 17-Apr-2017 01:52:42 UTC
#Mastodon is important:
"If you think of #Zuckerberg as a startup CEO, positioning himself like a fourth-term senator doesn't make sense — but it does if you think of him as the head of a 14-year-old nation-state called #Facebook. At a time when #SiliconValley’s influence rivals Washington DC, [he] is using the framework of a political campaign...to build a playbook for the modern-day CEO-statesman." https://www.buzzfeed.com/nitashatiku/how-mark-zuckerberg-is-writing-the-playbook-for-the-modern
- faconti (faconti)'s status on Saturday, 08-Apr-2017 13:59:38 UTC faconti
- victorhck (victorhck)'s status on Wednesday, 29-Mar-2017 10:19:16 UTC victorhck
bes (bes)'s status on Friday, 17-Mar-2017 08:49:20 UTC
Berlin will den digitalen Raum der Unfreiheit - "Offenbar sind die schwarz-grün-roten Parteien der Freiheit überdrüssig" http://plus.faz.net/evr-editions/2017-03-17/IASzh9XToguY6CIpzzwZuL?GEPC=s3 #Politik #Facebook #Meinungsfreiheit
- faconti (faconti)'s status on Sunday, 12-Mar-2017 10:22:03 UTC faconti
- faconti (faconti)'s status on Sunday, 12-Mar-2017 09:19:10 UTC faconti
- grmpyoldman (grmpyoldman)'s status on Wednesday, 08-Mar-2017 16:59:28 UTC grmpyoldman
- lohang (lohang)'s status on Saturday, 18-Feb-2017 01:35:56 UTC lohang
colegota (colegota)'s status on Saturday, 04-Feb-2017 20:20:26 UTC
Lo que más me gusta de #Facebook es cuando sale en #AutodefensaInformática también conocida como @ai :)
- cidig (cidig)'s status on Friday, 03-Feb-2017 10:14:57 UTC cidig
- MJ Ray (mjray)'s status on Monday, 23-Jan-2017 23:13:10 UTC MJ Ray
Bob Jonkman (bobjonkman)'s status on Wednesday, 18-Jan-2017 21:39:52 UTC
#Twitter and #Facebook are about the least "open, transparent" organizations I can think of (well, also Google, LinkedIn, Yahoo, Microsoft, and all other members of the #Free-As-In-Gratis #But-We-Own-Your-Data spectrum). Openness and Transparency are orthogonal to Federation, although the Closed, Proprietary corporations are also the ones least likely to federate. You raise an interesting point about !Fediverse instances placing commercial advertising on their instances, and incurring all the surveillance and tracking issues of commercial advertising agencies. I would not want my instance to participate in their federation -- so, we need a method to block other instances, whether for NSFW reasons, commercialization and surveillance concerns, or any other reason. Hey, @MMN: Another !GNUsocial #FeatureRequest!
- marcus (marcus)'s status on Sunday, 15-Jan-2017 14:26:10 UTC marcus
kuro (kuro)'s status on Tuesday, 27-Dec-2016 13:22:45 UTC
♻ Don't use #facebook - Don't link to it - Don't touch it.
If you're technical, block their IPs. FB=cancer going inside your router.
marcus (marcus)'s status on Sunday, 04-Dec-2016 16:35:01 UTC
It's not only #Facebook that is broken, it's also the ppl using it.
- Netizen Rights (netizenrights)'s status on Wednesday, 23-Nov-2016 11:48:56 UTC Netizen Rights
- Aristegui Noticias (AristeguiOnline)'s status on Wednesday, 23-Nov-2016 00:10:09 UTC Aristegui Noticias
- Relevanza (Relevanza)'s status on Tuesday, 22-Nov-2016 12:30:21 UTC Relevanza
- El Craneo (AkaCraneo)'s status on Monday, 21-Nov-2016 17:05:59 UTC El Craneo
- peterkruse (peterkruse)'s status on Sunday, 20-Nov-2016 19:04:18 UTC peterkruse